Day 1 is here, and with it the reality that bed rest is really happening. I was a little overwhelmed this morning, but I came across something when I was reading. It's a prescription for contentment from a woman who was a missionary to Africa for 52 years:
1. Never allow yourself to complain about anything - not even the weather.
2. Never picture yourself in any other circumstances or someplace else.
3.Never compare your lot with another's.
4. Never allow yourself to wish this or that had been otherwise.
5. Never dwell on tomorrow - remember that tomorrow is God's, not ours.
Some of these things will be easier said that done...but it's a good list to keep in mind for anyone. I can also aspire to truly embrace and live the words of Paul, "I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength." Phil 4:12-13
1 comment:
Those words are so good for us all to think about. You CAN do this with the help of our Lord and the help He offers through all of us that love you guys. Joyce
Post a Comment