Tuesday, November 13, 2007

How soon is too soon for Christmas music?

Let me know your thoughts. I've been assembling some Christmas music for my site and now I'm wondering if it's too early to put them on there :)
I'm doing well. Today has been a little bit of a slow day, but it's 5 pm and time is moving on. I've been working on my crocheting and reading a few new magazines. Sophie had Grandparents Day at preschool today and she had all four grandparents there! What a lucky little girl! She's doing so well. We're going to try out afternoon preschool for her on Thursday and see how it goes. We're thinking she might do well and it's a class size of only 6 as compared to 16 kids! Big difference!
Baby girl is on the move. She's kicking and moving around a lot. It's very reassuring to feel her moving around in there. We're working on a name...but I confess that I need to get more serious about it! I guess I've been hoping just the right name will come to me in my sleep :) I have a good list...I just need to narrow it down. Thanks for all of your great suggestions!

8 comments:

joyklyn said...

It's not too early for Christmas music I could hear it all year around. Be great to hear it on your site when I'm checking what's going on at the Cotts house. So cool Sophie had all 4 grandparents at their special day at school. And I'm sure the 4 grandparents were thrilled to be there. Love, Joyce

Max's Mommy said...

Wait Wait Wait.

I have a few statements regarding today's post.

First - It's too soon to play Christmas music. The soonest it should be played is the day after Thanksgiving. (especially when working in retail!)

Second - How could the school celebrate Grandparents Day NOW??? The holiday is in September. And yes - it IS a holiday. Alex and I have a discussion about this every year.

Here's some history:
"The impetus for a National Grandparents Day originated with Marian McQuade, a housewife in Fayette County, West Virginia. Her primary motivation was to champion the cause of lonely elderly in nursing homes. She also hoped to persuade grandchildren to tap the wisdom and heritage their grandparents could provide. President Jimmy Carter, in 1978, proclaimed that National Grandparents Day would be celebrated every year on the first Sunday after Labor Day. For 2007, Grandparents Day fell on Sept. 9th."
This information was taken from www.grandparents-day.com

Third - I am very happy to hear that you and the baby are doing so well. Don't take this the wrong way....but I want your belly to get big and fat this time around! :-) Keep on eatin'!!

Life Prints Design said...

Well, I guess that the start of school was two days after the "official" grandparents day so they must have decided to just celebrate it when it worked well in the busy preschool schedule! I know they all had a good time. They made a stuffed turkey out of a glove stuffed with cotton balls. It's really cute!

Anonymous said...

I'm siding with Emmy on this one (about Christmas music, not Grandparents Day). Playing Christmas music now is like leaving your Christmas lights up on your house till summer.

Life Prints Design said...

Wow, Alex and Emmy, what a couple of scrooges! I guess I'll wait until the very day after Thanksgiving! I'm ready and excited! Good thing you guys aren't coming here for Thanksgiving since we're getting the tree out this weekend :) You'd be appalled! A tree up BEFORE Thanksgiving! But, I have elves who are available this weekend to help, so I'm not going to pass that up!

Anonymous said...

Yeah Steph, It's a tad early for music. Definitely Tday. Go for the tree though! Hey does your family still have that Ginormous tree in the living room and train around the room? Oh what fun memories of younger years. Glad to know everything is going well! Talk to you soon.
Liz Loehrer (Reid)

These are the Days! said...

I have to confess--Connor and I have been listening to Christmas music all week--I'm ready...it's not too early for me!!! ;) I'm ready to decorate, too...in fact, we already put the little tree in Connor's room, and he LOVES it!!! (And is constantly requesting 'mis-mis music) ;)

Anonymous said...

Christmas music--Yes-Yes-Yes
We have been practicing in choir on Wed evening for awhile and it is so very inspiring. It can't start too early if you are thinking of shopping and decorating the music is always right and a welcome addition. (especially for Alex and Emmy who will not have time to tire of it this year) xxxooo Judy