Monday, November 19, 2007

Thanksgiving week!

I just love Thanksgiving! I love gathering with family and friends to reflect on all we have to be so thankful for! We are so blessed to live in this great country, aren't we? Then there's the great food that we traditionally eat on Turkey day. Yum, yum! My mom laughs because I'm such a traditionalist and want all the "regular" foods...turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, stuffing, pumpkin pie. Carb overload!!! And, lastly, I am sort of geek. I look forward to watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. I really enjoy it. I'm hoping Sophie will be into watching it with me this year, too. Some day I'd love to see it in person. (Tom thinks this sounds awful, due to the crowds and spending our holiday in the city!)
I hope you all have exciting plans for this holiday. Plans to be surrounded by family and love. Give thanks all week!!!

2 comments:

joyklyn said...

We do have so much to be thankful for and it's so neat that there is a day set aside for giving thanks. I like the turkey and stuffing and all the good ole traditional goodies too.
We'll be at Tom's folks house and it sure would be swell if you guys and Laura were there too. Wish we could all be together once. Maybe some other year.
When you talk Tom into the BIG parade in the BIG CITY, I'm sure you will be most welcome to stay at Laura's house. She love's company.
You guys have a great Turkey day and a wonderful weekend. Love, Joyce

These are the Days! said...

I LOVE Thanksgiving too...I just love this time of year--I'm a total geek, too!!!! ;) I hear ya about the "traditional" T-Day food groups...I was watching Paula Deen the other day on the Food Network, and she put oysters in the stuffing....hmmm....I don't know about that? Maybe it would be really awesome...but again, I think I'll stick with traditional--on Thanksgiving at least! ;) We all have so much to be thankful for, and are so very blessed!!! Happy Thanksgiving--have a wonderful week!!!