Things here are going well. I'm feeling good, and our family of three is healthy. I did give my cold to my parents and Tom, they all have suffered with it the last week. My mom even had a fever on Wednesday but still was a trooper and took care of her girls! Everyone seems to be on the up and up now! Thank goodness!
Tom and Sophie made a trip to the Honda dealership yesterday and came home with a new family vehicle. We've been researching for awhile, I've been doing some online legwork, and we found a good deal. We now own the number one selling vehicle in the country...a Honda mini-van! Tom and I both said we'd NEVER own a mini-van but we couldn't get over the practicality of it. I'm really excited to drive it...whenever that will be :) Not sure what the MD will say about resuming driving privileges.
I'm counting down the days until my appointment on the 30th when the doctor will possibly "release" me for good behavior. Only 24 days to go! That's absolutely amazing! Of course, I don't know how much freedom I'll gain and Tom still thinks I should be laying down a good share of the day...so we'll see! I'm just excited about the prospect of some change and the ability to do some more things.
I just finished reading a book called, "Tristan's Gap." Had I known the ending, I may not have read it but it was well written. There was an interesting line in the book that I thought I'd share. The family goes through a horrible crisis, and the mother is talking about how she felt at the time like God was so far away and she felt so alone. But, when some time had passed and she had perspective on how much God was actually with her she said that she felt like God was so close that she couldn't see him at the time. Like when you're looking at something that is so big, but you're right up next to it you can't really see it. That's how close God was during their trial. I feel like that's how it was for me when we went through the dark days following our loss last year. At first I felt so alone and apart from God, but looking back I can see that He was so close that I couldn't see him at times.
Today we are looking forward to having some fun visitors. Sophie will have some friends and mommy, too over lunch time. Daddy is hoping to get some work done in the garage organizing things and maybe a quick trip to Home Depot (that's actually an oxymoron for Tom...). Then we're going to see our Uncle Alex and Aunt Emmy this evening, hurray! We're very excited to have them over. Aunt Emmy is going to make us some dinner and maybe we'll play some games :)
I hope you're all having wonderful Sundays with your families! Have a great week ahead!
6 comments:
I'm betting you will love your mini van. With kids it is the very best but even with no kids this old lady still loves her mini van. Glad to hear everyone is getting healthy again. We are healthy here too. Hope to see you guys sometime soon. Take care. Love, Joyce
Steph: I said the same thing, but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my Honda. The best is that I can pull up in front of school, push a button and let the kids out without ever getting out of my seat or turning off the car (very lazy, but handy in the car pool line). Hope all is well. Our trip was great. We'll catch up soon. Lots of love, A
Oh no, I lost you to the dark side...
Sorry we didn't have time to play games. The minutes always seem to pass so quickly. It was nice to be able to chat for a little while, though. :-)
I think you should put Sophie's rendition of "I'm a little troll" on here! :-) That was toooooo funny!
I am so excited about your new purchase. You will LOVE it.
Love
Kelly
Post a Comment