Thursday, September 3, 2009

Summer really is ending...


It's so hard to believe that school is upon us, fall sports, busy calendars! But, I am looking forward to a renewed sense of routine and the new experiences, new friends, and new adventures that a new school year brings. I went to Sophie's open house last night. She has the same teacher, same room, and a great bunch of kids in her class! She already knows half of the class. I think it will be a great year for her. Because she is doing one more year of preschool I feel challenged to kick it up a notch at home as far as what we're doing on a daily basis. I want to incorporate more intentional learning in her day, specifically math, reading, art and bible. We went to the library yesterday and checked out a bunch of non-fiction books. It was the first time I'd spent any amount of time in the NF section of the children's area. I was really happy with all the choices that they have! I see fun learning ahead! But, I'm looking for a little bit more in terms of structure, so if anyone reading this can point us to a good at home pre-K curriculum, especially one with a bible emphasis, I'm all ears!

2 comments:

These are the Days! said...

Hey Steph!!

Good for you!! ;) I can't believe how grown-up Sophie is!!! I am teaching pre-k Sunday School this fall, and Sherry Russell has written the most wonderful lesson plans. I'm sure she wouldn't mind if I passed them along to you if you're interested!

Have a great weekend!!!!!! ;)

Anonymous said...

You might check with Marla Krak as they did all their own home schooling for a number of years.