Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Santa sighting...











So, going to see Santa at the club with our friends this weekend was great fun...for most of us that is! Sophie was SO into it this year! Loved seeing Santa, was clamoring to be one of the first ones on his lap, gave him his last hug of the day. Just loving Santa! Now, Sophie was a different story at 2. She was terrified of that big 'ole man in the red suit then and her little sister Sadie is following along in those footsteps. She saw him come in the room and didn't take her eyes off of him. She didn't cry but she was watching him like a hawk. We followed big sister over as she was vying for her spot on Santa's lap. When she got her turn Sadie was called over to join her. I took her over, being the good mommy that I am, and placed her squirming body on Santa's other knee. That was the last straw...she began to wail. So, I held her and Santa began insisting that I sit on his other knee while holding Sadie...he was a little too eager in my opinion. But, after enough people were egging me on to do it I sat reluctantly on Santa's knee...oh, my. Sadie was still NOT digging this big guy in the red suit, and Sophie was so happy and grinning away. Sadie barely took her eye off of him and was just not pleased at all with the situation! When it was all done and the girls were given their gifts "from Santa" Sadie could barely open hers because she was still watching that big red suit from across the room to make sure he wasn't coming near her again :)

2 comments:

These are the Days! said...

Ha!!!! Love the pics, Steph!!! I love how happy Sophie looks...she's in seventh heaven!! :)
XOXO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

joyklyn said...

I like the picture of your family, I copied it into my file of your pictures. Sadie is smart to keep her eye on that guy with the red suit and the long white beard. Never know about that guy. But she will learn soon from her big sister that he is really an okay guy. Love, Joyce