Thursday, June 3, 2010

Memorial Day Fun

We had a busy weekend, and fun despite Sophie getting tonsillitis (again) starting on Sunday. She still was a trooper and wanted to go to the parade and ceremony.
Tom spent the weekend building a new swing set for the girls...well, it's not exactly a swing set yet! It just has the tower and the slide so far...but any day now it will have swings, too! We realized that the swings have outgrown their safety limits in their current spot under our concrete porch as one of Sophie's "boy"friends almost hit his head on the concrete porch above. I actually lost a few years off my life witnessing that close call, but with a panic inducing scream out of me, he stopped pumping his legs and missed the ceiling above by a mere 2 inches...oh. So, now we have a swing set...well, almost!
I can't seem to add photos to this post, so I'll try adding them separately today! Things are slow on my computer, maybe due to the HUGE storm last night! We had tornado sirens that sent us all to the basement. I was having a bible study here with a few women, one of which had 3 kids and her mom stop by to join us in the basement, too. Thankfully the storm didn't cause any damage around us, so it was more like a basement party with kids getting their second wind and having a great time :)

No comments: