We went to a party in town before the fireworks for a fun pre-fireworks picnic. At the picnic there was a bouncy house. It was a small one, for the 5 and under crowd. Sophie was in there, and neither Tom nor I was right there watching. I went to check on her and a child came from the direction of the bouncy house saying "some girl's hair is stuck in there." Oh no. It was Sophie and she got stuck to the 4+" piece of velcro on the exit door of the bouncy house. It was terrible. She was hurting, paniced and scared. I started working on it attempting to free her, trying to keep Sadie by me and trying to keep Sophie calm at the same time. Needless to say, I started to become unglued myself. Sophie was actually being very good and not going hysterical. I saw another adult and flagged her to get Tom. He came and another mom offered to contain/ watch Sadie...so I started to actually make progress. Tom set to talking to Sophie and keeping her still and calm and I started ripping...ugh. Tom thought we might have to cut it but it was on top of her head. Finally she was freed, but it looking like a big rats nest/ dread on top of her head. She didn't want me to touch it or try and rectify it the rest of the evening...so when she wakes up today we have that to look forward to :) Pray that I can get it all out! I wish I had gotten a photo...but at the time it didn't seem like the thing to do!
At 10 we all went to the fireworks, even baby Sadie who didn't nap in the afternoon. Sadie was very impressed at the beginning! She would say "come back soon" when there was a pause in between impressive displays. She lasted about 3-4 minutes and then, because it was so dark and she was so tired she just kept trying to get comfortable but couldn't! She was still watching but moving all over the blanket and Tom, trying to find a cozy spot for the night! She perked up to full attention at the finale when they set off more at once than they did in the whole show though :)
1 comment:
Oh my goodness Steph, how horrrible! Poor, poor Sophie! Soooo glad youdidn't have to cut those gorgeous locks! Xoxoxo
Post a Comment