Scary thing is...it's November. How did that happen? I have been really busy the last 2 weeks gearing up for the holiday season with Life Prints. Just sent the intial email out now, so I'm feeling ok to "waste" some time blogging.
Have to write down a bit of wisdom passed on from my mom yesterday. I asked her how her day was, her reply was "good, I got everything on my list done today." I was shocked, stunned, jealous. I said to her, "Wow. How does that feel? I want to live vicariously through you for a moment." She said, "Well, it helps to keep your list very small." Hmmm. There's food for thought. Maybe I would berate myself a little less if my list was a little smaller. Maybe I could feel somewhat accomplished, at least SOME of the time! Well, it's good to have a goal! Smaller lists!
Lots of fun things this past month, the most recent being Halloween. Sophie was Ariel this year. The first year she's been something so easy. We borrowed a costume from her good friend Sarah and we were done. Excellent! Sadie was a different, but funny story. Several weeks ago she was walking with a yard stick, like a cane and she said "I'm an old lady!" We thought that was really funny, and she then did too. We said, "You can be an old lady for Halloween!" And that was that. She was COMMITTED to the idea from then on. Anytime anyone asked her what she was going to be for Halloween, she replyed "Old LAAA-DY! She thinks that old ladies are funny, not sure why or how this happened. But it can be funny and somewhat embarassing at times, too. I'm teaching her that we don't point and laugh at old ladies, while calling them "old lady." Although...she's right, they usually are very, old ladies. The mind of a 2 year old, so literal.
Trick or treating was fun, a little colder than several past years, but a great night. Sophie ran the whole time with Kyle from across the street and the rest of us just tried to keep up. Sadie was pretty scared of all the hoopla downtown, but she did enjoy all the candy gathering :)
Sophie had a fun class party the next morning, dressing up and a parade in school. The class mom that hosted the party set the party bar way, way too high. Incredible.
No comments:
Post a Comment