Okay, so a friend came to my rescue today and showed me how to crochet! Knitting is definitely not for me, but I think that crocheting just might be the thing. It's so much easier! I'm really liking it so far! I just might have something to do with my balls of yarn yet! Yippee! But...not sure what will come of that scarf for Alex that is more than half way done. Do you think a short muffler might be just the thing he always wanted? Let's hope so :)
6 comments:
What's a muffler?
It's a thing on your car .... duh! But I'm not sure how a short scarf will fit on it?? ;-)
muf·fler /ˈmʌflər/
–noun
1. a scarf worn around one's neck for warmth.
2. any of various devices for deadening sound, as the sound of escaping gases of an internal-combustion engine.
3. anything used for muffling.
Hi, Stephanie!
I'm so glad you're enjoying the crocheting! I'm completely hooked. ;-) Knitting isn't for me either. As for books, so far I've found "Stitch N Bitch Crochet" (which I've given a copy to Lori... hint hint), and "The Cool Girl's Guide to Crochet" are my favorites. "Not Your Mama's Crochet" is pretty good too, oh! and "Crocheting In Plain English" is excellent. That one is a must have. "Kooky Crochet" is a fun book to browse, it'll give you ideas of things to make that you'd never considered before. I just got the idea to make a pouch for my cell phone tonight which took me less than an hour to do.
I've found crochet is so much easier to set down and come back to than knitting. When I set down my knitting, it comes off the needles and I have to start all over again. Though I did find bamboo needles are much easier to use than aluminum if I didn't mention that already. But I don't think I'll be picking it up as a regular hobby, crochet is just too fast, easy and relaxing.
What are you working on currently?
Diana
The English major just HAD to put a damper on our fun. :-( Oh well, we still love her.
I know...I'm no fun sometimes with my love of dictionaries :)
Erin, I'm working on scarves for presents for Christmas. They're a good way to practice the basics. I'm a wiz with single crochet after this week...so I think next week I'll work on double crochet and then soon after I want to learn the shell stitch to do a baby blanket :) But, I also want to learn to make a baby beanie soon, too! So much crocheting to do, so little time...oh wait, that doesn't apply to me right now :)
Post a Comment