Wednesday, December 12, 2007

My night A.W.O.L.


I had my first night A.W.O.L. last night (well, not exactly, I had the doctor's permission but I was still a little nervous to go!), for Sophie's preschool Christmas program. Oh, what a fun night! Sophie was the most hilarious sheep I have ever seen! She sung along and/or made faces during her performance. She stepped a foot or so in front of the rest of her row as if it was her show. I'm pretty sure she didn't sit still for more than a half second the whole time she was on stage. She was all smiles and loving the "performance" aspect. Her facial expressions were so funny we were all crying and trying to stifle our laughter! It was a fun hour out (we used the wheelchair to reduce my moving around) - I'm so glad I got to see it!
Tom's mom and her twin sister Joyce came into town yesterday to see the show and take care of us for a couple of days! We are having a great time with them here. Sophie is playing hide and seek with her Gram right now and Joyce is running around town on errands for us! What a blessing!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks like loads of fun. Wish I could have been there. Instead I was trapped at work trying to get some computer stuff to work.

Life Prints Design said...

Bummer, I was hoping you and Emmy were having a nice candle-light dinner to celebrate your big anniversary! Work! Poor Emmy, poor Alex!
We missed you! Next year you must be there!!! We'll show you the video, it's priceless!

Amanda Avery Bryant said...

You deserve a night out! Keep up the good work of taking care of that baby! Miss you tons!

Anonymous said...

Sophie did great! When we practiced on the stage she didn't want to sing or even be up there, but at performance time she shined!!! Suzanne