Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Choking and CPR

We had a scary incident here involving a cheerio and a windpipe late yesterday. Sophie must have inadvertently inhaled a piece of cheerio as she was playing on the kitchen floor and having a snack. She really was gagging, but still getting air. I realized that I need to refresh my memory on what to do when a little one is choking or worse. I knew what to do with an infant, but not a toddler. Here's a link to a very helpful article that I urge all of you parents and grandparents of little people to read when you have a moment. http://parentcenter.babycenter.com/0_first-aid-for-choking-and-cpr-an-illustrated-guide_72434.pc
Sophie is absolutely fine, thank you God, but it was scary for her and for mommy. I hope that you never need to use the information in the article but it is always good to be prepared!

No comments: