Tuesday, February 12, 2008

So, where have I been???

I'm here, I'm okay and Baby Cotts is doing great. . . but we've had a rough few days. I came down with a nasty cold/flu/something yucky late last week that landed me in St. Ann's on Friday night with preterm labor. I had spiked a fever, was dehydrated, feeling just not right and I started having contractions. I also didn't know how often the baby had been moving, I just wasn't feeling her enough. So, we went in to the hospital and the contractions continued to pick up. They got to be a couple of minutes apart and were really increasing in intensity. They gave me a shot that helped get the contractions under control. It was not a fun night there, it was pretty rough. They sent us home around 1 a.m. but both Tom and I were a little nervous to leave.
I made it through the weekend at home, but wasn't able to keep any food down and felt pretty rotten. On Monday morning, my doctor wanted me to go to St. Ann's to make sure that baby was okay and to get me hooked up to an I.V. for fluids. I spent all day there yesterday and just got home around 6 p.m. tonight (Tuesday). I'm feeling a lot stronger and getting a little food in me now. I am so thankful that everything is okay with the baby, and mommy is pulling through! I just have to shake this bug!
Thank you so much for all of your prayers. I'm sorry that I've been out of touch, I haven't had much voice or energy the past few days to call and give updates! I look forward to talking to you all very soon!

2 comments:

joyklyn said...

It's great to see you back on line and once again our prayers have been answered. You take care. Love, Joyce

Max's Mommy said...

We missed you at the birthday celebration. We wanted to come see you but were told your house was quarantined. Hopefully we will get to see you soon! Missing you! :-)